Pools can be a fun and relaxing addition to a back yard. They can also be difficult to keep clean. Save yourself from hours of skimming the surface with a net to collect leaves, flowers, and petals by removing your natural trees within close proximity of the pool and replacing them with artificial versions.
There is a whole line of artificial trees that are specifically designed for outdoor use. They look just like the real thing and even feature a UV coating that helps to protect the synthetic leaves from fading in the sunlight.
There are countless benefits to using artificial plants around a pool deck.
- No leaves or debris falling into the pool
- Roots won’t compromise the integrity of the concrete surrounding the pool
- You don’t have to worry about irrigation because they don’t need to be watered
- You won’t have pests and insects living in the tree
- You aren’t limited to trees that are native to your area
Don’t limit yourself to just using artificial trees. You can brighten things up a big more by using artificial hanging plants around a pergola or overhang or by placing potted flowers on outdoor dining tables or side tables.
If you don’t want to give up all your real plants, you don’t have to. One great option is using artificial ones around the pool and natural plants around the perimeter of the yard, farther from the pool.
About Philip Travers