Do you love all those little bud vases but have no idea what to do with them? Pack major beauty in a small space when you create a bunch of mini silk orchid arrangements. You can use either bud vases or jars to achieve this look. Once you have them arranged, you can line them up along the center of a dining room table, a kitchen island, a windowsill, or on top of a dresser. Just pick out your favorite silk orchids to get started.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Choose a low jar or a bud vase and buy a bunch of them.
- Purchase floral foam and so.me moss from your local craft store (if your jar or vase has a wide opening)
- Choose your favorite silk orchid stems. Buy one for each vase you have.
Here’s What You Do:
- If you have a wide opening, cut a piece of floral foam that is about an inch shorter than the container.
- Top the exposed foam with moss to hide it.
- Hold the orchid next to the container to decide exactly where to cut the stem. The idea is to keep the whole arrangement low so the stem should be just long enough to reach the bottom of the vase without much of the plain stem showing above the vase.
- Repeat this process until all your containers are filled.
Tip: For a simple look, go with plain white containers. If you want to spice things up, pick a bright color that compliments the color of the orchids you purchase.
About Philip Travers