Sometimes you don’t want to go all the way and totally replace all of your existing flower arrangements. But it is time for a bit of a change and a great way to spruce up your floral arrangements without going overboard is by accessorizing. If you want to add a little flare, here are five great accessories to consider.
1. Ribbons – Probably the easiest and most cost-effective accessory for your existing flower arrangements are ribbons. Available in a variety of colors and textures, it’s simple to spruce up your arrangement with polka dots, grosgrain, or sheer ribbon. This is a great accessory as well for the holiday season. Instead of replacing the arrangement all together, consider adding bows and ribbon to give it the holiday boost you’re looking for.
2. Greenery – Greenery is a wonderfully versatile product because it can be used as an accessory to your current vases of flowers or on its own as freestanding décor. If you want to add a sense of growth, or tranquility, greenery is a great way to do that. You can take stark or minimal arrangements and add new life to them by including a healthy amount of green bamboo or reeds.
3. Foliage – Foliage is much like greenery in that it mimics the verdant and fresh life of nature. One of the main differences though is that instead of using products like bamboo or reeds, foliage can consist of succulents and grasses that add a lush fluff to your arrangement.
4. Fruit – Adding fruit to your flower vases may not be the first thing that pops into your mind but it’s a great way to change the look of the arrangement in a minimal way. Instead of using water or marbles in a clear vase, consider adding fruit instead to give your arrangement a big color boost. Fruit is a great accessory for the changing of the seasons.
5. Bird’s nest/butterflies – Adding a bird’s nest or butterflies to your flowers can give the arrangement a sense of life that it otherwise wouldn’t have. These are simple additions that can also be removed easily during a change over.
There are many other types of ribbon and greenery that can be used to accessorize your floral arrangements. You don’t always have to go all out and replace the entire thing. Something as little as fruit is all you need.
This article was written exclusively for Artificialplantsandtrees.com by Sims Pottery, Inc., a leading provider of wholesale floral supplies, with locations in North Carolina and Georgia. Sims Pottery is a true wholesale-only company, supplying businesses within the floral industry a variety of supplies to make spectacular creations.
About Philip Travers