Creating beautiful holiday decorations all starts with having some wonderfully versatile foundation pieces. Artificial topiaries are one of those items that will be a great investment for Christmas and throughout the year.
A simple boxwood topiary looks stunning outside a front door, inside an entry way, or on either side of a hearth but they can easily be revamped for whatever holiday is coming up. With Christmas approaching, it is the perfect time to decorate a pair of these everlasting beauties. Here are just a few ways that you can take a simple boxwood and transform it for the holidays.
10 Tips for Decorating a Christmas Topiary
1. Wrap a strand of beautiful Christmas lights around it to help illuminate your entry way or mantle area at night.
2. Fill the base of the pot with an assortment of round glass ornaments in colors that coordinate with the rest of your holiday decor.
3. Wrap a festive ribbon around the pot at the base of the tree and top it off with a custom bow.
4. Jazz it up by inserting an assortment of your favorite glittered sprays and artificial flowers.
5. Wrap a colorful garland around the topiary that spirals down toward the potted base.
6. Place small wrapped presents around the base and decorate it like a miniature Christmas tree.
7. Wrap the potted base with a large piece of burlap for a country chic look that is on-trend and oh so stunning.
8. Hang miniature ornaments from the tree and top it off with a small bow or other tree topper.
9. Paint house numbers on the potted base for some added curb appeal.
10. Try out new color schemes or decorating techniques that you are thinking about before committing to purchasing the decorations for your large Christmas tree.
About Philip Travers